Starting English Medium in certain Schools:
the Collectors must assess the possibility of starting English Medium in certain Schools in the Districts based on
a) SMC Resolutions / Gram Panchayat Resolutions
b) availability of Teachers to teach in English in Class-1 only, with preference to the Teachers who have studied in English Medium at least at their School or Graduation level
c) the Mathematics books in English would have to be provided depending on the enrolment in such Schools in Class-1.
Starting of LKG and UKG in Government Schools:
Some Collectors are mentioning about the starting of LKG and UKG in Government Schools, i.e. integrating the Anganwadi system with the Schools. Such proposals should be verified first based on the following:
1) The Gram Panchayat/SMC must pass a Resolution to this effect.
2) The Women Development and Child Welfare Department should agree to the shifting of the Anganwadies.
3) The Schools where it is proposed, should have necessary Infrastructure /drinking water etc. to bring Anganwadi to the School.
4) The Staff working in the Anganwadi will have to come to the School along with the children and Ayahs etc. and they have to continue the activities of the Anganwadies.
5) The role of our Teachers in teaching these children has to be well defined, i.e. what should be the learning materials, what should be the training of the Teachers and what they should teach etc.
6) What should be the timings of the LKG and UKG vis-à-vis rest of the Schools has to be worked out.
7) How would our Teachers adjust the work of LKG and UKG teaching with their regular work of our Primary Schools
Start Download Here