- At least 75% of the seats in a district are filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats are filled from urban areas of the district.
- Reservation of seats in favour of children belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes is provided in proportion to their population in the concerned district provided that no district, such reservation will be less than the national average (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST) but subject to maximum of 50% for both the categories (SC & ST) taken together. These reservations are interchangeable and over and above the candidates selected under open merit.
- One third of the total seats are filled up by girls.
- There is a provision for reservation of 3% seats for ** disabled children (i.e. Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped).
- Blindness refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following
(i) Total absence of sight; or
(ii) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or
(iii) Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse
- Hearing Impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies
- Locomotor disability means disability of the bones joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
- Person with disability means a person suffering from not less than forty percent of any disability as certified by a medical authority
See Important Dates